10 things to learn spiritually from Whitney Houston.
Although taken far too soon and too unexpectedly, we can learn these things from Whitney Houston’s home going services:
1. She was a child of God and embraced that posture throughout her life
2. She never strayed far from her Baptist roots, the birthplace of “The Voice,” and the Gospel music that filled her soul and influenced her stylistically
3. She was a woman of deep and abiding prayer, known for gathering her friends and colleagues in an impromptu circle to petition God
4. Family was her bedrock, her source of strength, comfort, and a fiercely protective cross-generational love that incubated and informed who she was
5. She generously created opportunities for others who had gifts needing exposure.
For the rest of the lessons, check out Bishop Jakes’ Huffington Post article.