Protesters smeared cake on the logo at Pepco’s headquarters and then climbed atop the building’s first-floor awning Tuesday in advance of the energy company’s shareholder meeting scheduled for Friday. The “OurDC 99% Spring” supporters said they wanted to deliver demands for the meeting. The group says its goal is to push for corporate reform to create jobs. The group said it smeared cake on the sign and windows of the headquarters because “Pepco can’t have its cake and eat it too” — a response to the company’s proposed rate hike. About 100 protesters stormed the building, put up tents outside of it and chanted, “Money, money, money! Pepco is greedy!” and “CEO has got to go!” during the protest. Two other protesters with bullhorns climbed a ladder and stood on top of the building’s awning.
- A Grand Fortune with James Fortune
- Asean Johnson: 9-Year-Old Activist Stuns Crowd At Chicago School Closings Protest [VIDEO]
- 7 End Of The School Year Questions To Ask Your Child’s Teacher
- Pastor Joel Osteen Still Believes In God
- Points Of Power: Let No One Be Deceived [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Oldest Living Couple Gives Great Relationship Advice