(Upper Marlboro, MD) – It’s a verdict of not guilty on all counts for the former Bowie [[ BOO-ee ]] State University student who was accused of murdering her roommate last year. Family and friends of 20-year-old Alexis Simpson say they knew she was innocent. Simpson, who took the stand in her own defense yesterday, apparently convinced jurors that she stabbed 18-year-old Dominique Frazier to death in self-defense during a fight which started when Simpson turned down the music on an iPod. Simpson could have been found guilty of first or second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. It took the jury just over two hours to reach the verdict.
- Should Secular Artists Be Allowed To Perform On Gospel Shows?
- State Of Black America 2014: Have We Made True Progress In The Last 50 Years?
- Why Tasha Page-Lockhart Will Be The Most Successful “Sunday Best” Winner [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Praise 104.1 Singles Mix & Mingle w/ Chante Moore [PHOTOS]
- Church Busters: Why Is This Service So Long?! [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Apple Cider Vinegar: What’s It Actually Good For?