Who says Black women don’t workout?
Two sistas, Toni Carey and Ashley Hicks, founded “Black Girls Run!” in 2009 in an effort to fight growing obesity rates in the African-American community. The U.S. Department of Heath And Human Services reports that black woman have the highest rates of obesity.
CNN interviewed Toni and Ashley about their group and asked how valuable they feel their grassroots efforts are in fighting Black female obesity.
LIKE Praise 104.1 On Facebook!
- DC Council To Debate Extended Bar Hours
- Father Orders Teen Daughter To Public Shaming
- Trial Underway For Alleged Mastermind Of Acid Attack
- Twenty Families Displaced In Chevy Chase Fire
- No DC Date? Nicki Minaj Announces “Pink Friday” Tour Dates!
The DMV Salutes Richard Smallwood For His 75th Birthday! (LIVE STREAM)
Bishop Carlton Pearson Headed For Divorce
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Top 10 Gospel Christmas Songs
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
3 ‘Karens’ And A ‘Karen’ Cop: These Viral Videos Show Why Racial Profiling Reports Still Matter
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer