My wife MaLinda had a slogan, keep it moving, which she spoke to everyone. It was an admonishment about not being lackadaisical, slow or slothful towards any aspect of life. She wanted people to seize each moment we’re presented with and not wait for the next day or the next opportunity. She was a big proponent of operating in the NOW, because time – as we know – waits for no man.
MaLinda didn’t realize that she was speaking prophetically, and she is still speaking this truth from the grave. Keep It Moving is now the slogan used by my church and by my kids – it keeps us focused during the rough times. It is also a challenge to all of who have faced tragedies and setbacks – no matter what, keep it moving. This is how we honor loved ones we may have lost, and this is also how we honor ourselves and the lives that we have been blessed to live.
Don’t forget to read Marvin’s other blog entries:
Be sure to like this on your facebook page!
Also on Praisedc.com
- Make Up Artist to the stars, Kym Lee 10 of the top 30 essentials for those of us that are 30 and over!
- Obama: Marking Osama bin Laden’s Death Isn’t ‘Celebration’
- Would You Work In The New World Trade Center? [VIDEO]
- 9 YEAR OLD BOY OVERCOMES HIS FEAR OF STAGE FRIGHT.
- FIRST LOOK: Cedric The Entertainer Returns As R&B Singer-Gone-Preacher In “The Soul Man”