Popular gospel singer James Fortune is being sued for alleged child abuse. According to lawsuit documents, in 2001 James Fortune burned his 4-year-old step son, leaving the boy disfigured with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on nearly half of his body. His wife Cheryl was also named in the lawsuit.
According to the civil lawsuit, James picked up his step son from pre-school and the teacher told James the boy had been acting up in class. Fortune then scolded the boy the entire ride home and continued to yell and be-raid the boy when they got home. He then prepared a scolding hot bath for the boy. The lawsuit also says James Fortune told the boy to take off his clothes and preceded to whip the boy before pushing the toddler in the scolding hot bath, holding him underwater causing 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
In 2003 James Fortune plead guilty to felony injury to a child and received 6 years deferred adjudication.
The toddlers biological father is responsible for the lawsuit and is suing for $5 Million in order to take care of the boy’s continued plastic surgery.
Like us on Facebook!
- 3 Shot In Southeast DC, Including Two 7-Year Olds
- NAACP 2nd ANNUAL HEALTH FAIR
- Why One Woman Believes Creflo ‘s Daughter Is Telling The Truth !
- Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep” Wakes Girl From Coma !
- Jermaine Paul On The Catch 22 Of Being An R&B Dad: “I Don’t Want My Daughters Singing Those Lyrics”