A year ago we posted his open letter with his announcement that he had cancer. Now comes very very sad news that he is not doing well. Here is some of what he has posted. Please note that on the 26th things became more serious and as yet he is barely able to lift his head.
On the 25th Carman posted:
EMERGENCY PRAYER NEEDED:I’m going through my second neutropenic stage after the second round of Melpholine (heavy chemo)I’m at the hospital with all my heavy winter clothes on plus 4 blankets and I’m still shaking. My concern is if keep blowing my nose and coughing up junk like someone with a flu, in my state, the flu, a cold or a simple virus will kill me in a matter of days. So please, if you have any small desire to say a 1 minute prayer – God will hear it , I will feel it and I will let you know what happen’s.
So please, if you have any small desire to say a 1 minute prayer – God will hear it , I will feel it and I will let you know what happen’s. But I’m still gonna make that tour in May. I spoke it into existence and God is faithful to honor my faith – but right now that tour seems like it’s a million miles away and on someone else’s calendar. I could really use a word right now. If it’s 2-10 words I’ll read it. Anything longer than that, I just don’t have the mental focus and will have to skip it till later. So what’s the one word or phrase you think I should be repeating over and over again. I desparaty need it, so who’s got one tonight ?
On the 26th he posted:
EMERGENCY UPDATE: I wish I had better news but for the first time though this whole journey. I’m worried – really worried. I mentioned before that if you get an infection during the neutropenic stage, with my immune system completely gone that it could be fatal. Well, I don’t know how or where but I got an infection. They will be admitting me into the hospital for 24/7 care. I’ll have a virus of some sort. I don’t mean to be fatalistic but if for some reason I don’t make it out of here, I want you all to know what great friends you’ve been to me and how much I’ve loved every minute of being on the stage ministering. This whole situation is making be cry. Thinking about never seeing you again. I hope things change but I can’t even lift my head up, and the wheelchair me everywhere. Oh well, at least I got the record finished : )
We will keep him in our prayers.
2014 Gospel and Christian Grammy Award Nominees
1. Best Contemporary Christian Music Album1 of 21
2. Best Gospel Album2 of 21
3. Best Gospel Album3 of 21
4. Best Gospel Album4 of 21
5. Best Gospel AlbumSource: 5 of 21
6. Best Gospel AlbumSource: 6 of 21
7. Best Contemporary Christian Music Song7 of 21
8. Best Contemporary Christian Music Song8 of 21
9. Best Contemporary Christian Music Song9 of 21
10. Best Contemporary Christian Music Song10 of 21
11. Best Contemporary Christian Music Song11 of 21
12. Best Gospel Song12 of 21
13. Best Gospel SongSource: 13 of 21
14. Best Gospel SongSource: 14 of 21
15. Best Gospel Song15 of 21
16. Best Gospel Song16 of 21
17. Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music PerformanceSource: 17 of 21
18. Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music PerformanceSource: 18 of 21
19. Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance19 of 21
20. Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance20 of 21
21. Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music PerformanceSource: 21 of 21
Mega Christian Music Singer Updates Fans From Hospital Bed: ‘I’m Worried… I’m Really Worried’ was originally published on elev8.com