- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature (must be room temp!)
- 1/2 cup (4oz) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (squeezed of excess moisture then measured)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the icing:
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature (must be room temp!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine butter, applesauce, and sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes. Add egg then beat to combine. Add vanilla then beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in two batches, mixing well between each batch. Add zucchini and mix to combine then add oatmeal and mix to combine. Cover bowl then place in the refrigerator for one hour, or until dough holds it’s shape when scooped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop 1 Tablespoon dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets then bake for 10 minutes, or until set on top. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the icing: While the cookies are cooling, combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scoop into a piping or ziplock bag, snip off the corner, then pipe onto half the cooled cookies and top with the other half. Store whoopie pies in an airtight container in the fridge.
CHIC EATS: Zucchini Bread Cookie Whoopie Pies [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Tickets On Sale Now: The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise October 14th at Reid Temple AME
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Join Us For Erica Campbell's Free "I Love You" Album Release Party! [Details Here]
Be Careful When Shopping At Temu
Kirk Franklin Shares How He Finds His Biological Father in His Documentary "Father's Day"
Erica Campbell Talks New Album "I Love You" With Cheryl Jackson At DC Album Release Party
Contact The Programming Department
The Willie Moore Jr. Show