Former “Love & Hip Hop” star Emily Bustamante (aka Emily B) has given birth to another child for Fabolous. Fab and Emily were already parents to 6-year-old Johan and Emily has a 16-year-old daughter, named Taina, from a previous relationship.
Her storyline on”Love & Hip Hop” was focused on her moving on in her life and focusing on “living life after Fab.” What happened? Did she decide to give in and settle?
Fab has made it clear that he is not all in several times. On his instagram account earlier this year he posted:
It’s more in the sea and I done had alot’a fish.. How she act when you ain’t up will tell alot’a bout’a bish.. Wit that being said, I noticed the fish come to my side of the tank when they think im gonna feed them. 2 minutes later they figure out im just taking a pic & they’re GONE!! 😂 #YoungOG #GoneForTheWinter 🐠
On the show we watched Emily struggle with the comings and goings of Fab. She even inferred that she wanted her next child to be born into wedlock. She wanted to be treasured and cherished. What happened to her higher ground morals? Granted, women are more free to change their minds, but men have afforded themselves the comparable option to move on after fathering child. Contemporary men often reason ” If she is not willing to have an abortion or use contraception, why should I sacrifice myself to get married?” By making the birth of the child the physical choice of the mother, this has made marriage and child support a social choice of the father. Fab made it very clear on the show and his social accounts that he is “free as a bird”.
Fab may even support financially and be a part of his child’s life, but once again the family unit is not whole. Emily, then is seen as just a “baby’s momma”. Though she tried to be private on LHHNY and remain an encouraging role model of a working free woman, she has now fallen short. Her dream to “be more than Fab’s baby momma” has vanished. We watched her pain and struggle to “move on”. We saw her move into her own home by the sweat of her brow with broken emotional and spiritual injuries.
Has Emily now settled? Is she another statistic of women who lower their standards to keep a man? Is half a man better than no man? The bigger issue is has Emily become the perfect example of the imperfect sexual revolution of the hip hop generation?
In other words, what the bodies do sexually, even when they commit to be one on one and act as one to form new life, does not mean that the two partners are in fact, one partnership, for any particular length of time. So in real world thinking their words and actions indicate that they believe that bodies are separable from them as a couple. This confirms her willingness to have a sexual encounter, and even produce a child together, but to share no mutual commitment now, and no partnership in the future.
That is vastly different than the Emily who said, “I deserve to be treated better.” in her final scene on Love And Hip Hop New York”.
Make sure to read:
- An Open Letter To Love & Hip Hop’s Mimi Faust
- Deion Sanders Talks About How Family Makes His Reality Show So Interesting [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ludacris Granted Full Custody of His Daughter Cai
Fabolous & Emily B. Share Photos From Their Baby Shower
1. A Celebration of Life for the new addition to the family on the way! Thank You to all who helped welcome this blessing. Appreciate all the Gifts & Love from everyone!! #BabyShower#CelebrateLife#ALittleManIsOnTheWayShot by @patricknereeSource: 1 of 10
2. When you tryna explain to your son he about to get no attention 😂😂😂😂😂 #BabyShower #CelebrateLife #ALittleManIsOnTheWay #PrinceJosoShot by @patricknereeSource: 2 of 10
3. Flex In The City#BabyShower #CelebrateLife #ALittleManIsOnTheWaySource: 3 of 10
4. I'm not 100%, but my son is a wrestling fanatic now so I'm pretty sure this is him tryna RKO my neice @itstiombee 😂😂😂 #BabyShower #CelebrateLife #ALittleManIsOnTheWay #PrinceJoso #OuttaNowhereSource: 4 of 10
5. There she is ! 😍 love my @chrissylampkin #soulsisters #yesthosearebottomgrills 😂 photo credit : @patricknereeSource: 5 of 10
6. My day 1s ❤️ @ms_nik @amatullah_luvsislam #VADays #ALittleManIsOnHisWaySource: 6 of 10
7. Can you tell @latainax3 is muy excited lol #ALittleManIsOnHisWaySource: 7 of 10
8. #Boricuasbelike 😍 @angiemartinez @adrienne_bailon 🇵🇷 ( I was starving to use that emoji) lol ❤️❤️❤️ #ALittleManIsOnHisWaySource: 8 of 10
9. 💋 hair: @qlovebug makeup: @iamdamion cc: @bleuribbonhair 😘 PromoCode: EmilySource: 9 of 10
10. Emily and her girls.Source: 10 of 10
Make sure to join the conversation on our Facebook page!
Was Fabolous’ Baby’s Mama Emily B. Faking Her Moral High Ground For Cameras? was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com