UPDATE (2:22 PM EST): New reports are stating that the story posted on the Christian Post are false and that though Pastor Donnie McClurkin and Nicole Mullen are in a relationship – there hasn’t been any announcement from either party about an engagement.
We here at the Willie Moore Jr. Show do know that their relationship is still in good shape and that they are very happy….just not engaged
Gospel singers Donnie McClurkin and Nicole C. Mullen are also jumping the broom.
The news of the engagement was made this past Thursday night on the on TBN’s long-running “Praise the Lord” ministry show. Hosts Matt Crouch and his wife, Laurie, were joined on the show by guests Reverend Doctor A.R. Bernard and McClurkin where Bernard revealed that he would be giving McClurkin marriage counseling in the near future, according to Christian Post.
Rumors that McClurkin and Mullen were dating started circulating after the two attended this year’s Stellar Awards together. But the gospel singers never made an official announcement about their romance until Thursday’s episode of “Praise the Lord.”
Bernard hinted at McClurkin’s engagement during a discussion about his new book, “What Women Want From Men.” Crouch then stood up and announced that the 56-year-old “We Fall Down” singer and Perfecting Faith Church pastor is, in fact, on course to get married.
“OK, are you ready for something? You want me to just drop something on ya?” Crouch asked the audience as he shouted, “Donnie McClurkin’s getting married! Come on!”
The audience erupted with praise as the camera zoomed in on a stunned McClurkin who was possibly not aware that Crouch would make that announcement on an international television show. Laurie, afraid that her husband had spoken too soon, asked if they should consider editing the information out of the program but McClurkin then proceeded to explain his decision.
“Well praise God,” McClurkin responded. “Honestly, the only thing in my life that is missing is marriage. The only thing that is missing in my life that can cause real family, is marriage. Financially I’m there, spiritually I’m almost there, emotionally I’m getting it together, but the only thing that’s missing out of everything that I’m doing locally, cross country and globally is that aspect that makes family, family — is that wife that would make man whole, that element that brings favor to man.”
The pastor went on to quote Proverbs 18:22. The verse says “he who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.” And that is what McClurkin says he’s looking forward to in this season of his life.
McClurkin says he and Mullen have known each other for 15 years, and had time to chat when they were seated next to each other on a flight to the Ivory Coast during which they spoke for eight hours.
Mullen was previously married to CCM singer-songwriter David Mullen, before they announced their divorce in 2014. McClurkin has never been married, the single father has been open about his struggles with his feelings of loneliness.
In a 2002 interview, McClurkin said that due to sexual abuse, he had struggled with homosexuality. He also said that he had rejected that lifestyle:
“I’ve been through this and have experienced God’s power to change my lifestyle. I am delivered and I know God can deliver others, too.”
2016: The Year of Celeb Births, Pregnancies, Engagements, & Weddings
1. Tika SumpterSource:AP 1 of 22
2. Tiny and TI gave birth to their seventh child, Heiress.Source:Instagram 2 of 22
3. Ray J and Princess Love got married in AugustSource:Instagram 3 of 22
4. Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon got engaged in AugustSource:Instagram 4 of 22
5. Kevin and Eniko got married in August.Source:Instagram 5 of 22
6. Donnie McClurkin and Nicole C. Mullen got engaged in AugustSource:Twitter 6 of 22
7. Marsha AmbrosiusSource:Instagram 7 of 22
8. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 8 of 22
9. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 9 of 22
10. Jurnee Smollett BellSource:PR 10 of 22
11. Coco and Ice TSource:Instagram 11 of 22
12. Tatyana AliSource:Facebook 12 of 22
13. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:Instagram 13 of 22
14. Blac Chyna and Rob KardashianSource:Instagram 14 of 22
15. Kandi BurrussSource:Instagram 15 of 22
16. Ciara and Russell WilsonSource:Instagram 16 of 22
17. Adrienne and Chris BoshSource:Instagram 17 of 22
18. Teyana Taylor and Iman ShumpertSource:PR Photos 18 of 22
19. Grace Gealey and Trai ByersSource:Instagram 19 of 22
20. Tyra BanksSource:Instagram 20 of 22
21. Chrissy TeigenSource:PR 21 of 22
22. Melanie FionaSource:Instagram 22 of 22
(Photo Source: Twitter)
UPDATE: Donnie McClurklin Popped The Question To Singer Nicole C. Mullen? was originally published on blackamericaweb.com