From kitesurfing with Richard Branson to kicking it on the beach with Michelle for Valentine’s Day, Barack Obama‘s been living his best life since stepping down as the nation’s president.
Now, the former commander-in-chief is set to head back to the South Pacific island of Tetiaroa to write his White House memoir, The Washington Post reports.
From The Washington Post:
“To escape the spotlight, the Obamas have taken multiple vacations since leaving the White House — to Palm Springs, the Caribbean and Hawaii. After meeting with tech executives about his presidential center recently, Obama headed to Oahu, where he golfed with friends and dined at Buzz’s Lanikai steakhouse in Kailua.
Three days later he jetted off in a Gulfstream G550 to Tetiaroa, a South Pacific island once owned by Marlon Brando. He plans an extended stay there to start writing his White House memoir, according to a person familiar with his plans who asked for anonymity to discuss them.“
Forbes reported back in January that Obama would potentially receive a $20 million advance to write his memoir. Two months and a deserved vacation later, it seems everything is coming full circle.
“Not only was he the first African-American president and hugely popular, he’s already shown us that he can, in fact, write,” Esther Newberg, co-head of ICM Partners’ publishing unit, told Forbes. “And, he’ll look like the King of Siam next to Trump.”
Newberg goes on to say that Obama’s book is coming at an appropriate time.
“It’ll make us feel a lot better in this moment of time to read Obama’s book than to read the newspapers about Trump. At least that’s how I feel,” Newberg continued. “I predict huge audio book sales with that mellifluous voice of his. Can you imagine driving along in your car and hearing that voice…”
SOURCE: The Washington Post, Forbes
Details On Barack & Michelle Obama’s Record-Breaking Book Deal
Is It Real? Barack Obama’s Brother Tweets Pic Of Former President’s Kenya Birth Certificate
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
11 photos Launch gallery
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 11
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 11
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 11
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 11
5. Remember when the Prez danced to Drake’s “Hotline Bling”?
5 of 11
6. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
6 of 11
7. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.
7 of 11
8. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
8 of 11
9. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
9 of 11
10. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.
10 of 11
11. He gave us hope…
11 of 11