Polio has been very present in Nigeria and has plagued the people living there for quite some time. According to VIBE, the country has a debt to pay to Japan for the disease’s vaccinations. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are expected to pay off the $76 million debt to Japan over the next 20 years.
The payment will be made through their Gates Foundation. Reports state that Nigeria accounted for half of the world’s polio cases. In a tweet, Bill talked about how in 1988 there were 350,000 cases and last year just 21. Cases of polio are still found in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Erica & Warryn Campbell Visits The DMV For The Premiere Of “We’re The Campbells” [Video]
- #SayHerName: Woman Shot And Killed By Boyfriend Outside Family Dollar Over $36
- New Scam Alert! You Won’t Be NIKE’s New Brand Ambassador — Sorry
- San Francisco Ends Excessive Court Fees That Keep Offenders In Debt
- Major Money Moves: Akon is Launching His Own Cryptocurrency Called “Akoin”
- Warryn & Erica Campbell On Sexting: “It’s Okay… If You’re Married!” [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Come Boldly To The Throne Of God [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Who Should Portray Marvin Gaye In The Dr. Dre-Produced Biopic? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Kamala Harris To Tour California Immigration Detention Center
- Oooo: Instagram Could Be Coming For YouTube’s Wig With New IGTV
Bill And Melinda Gates To Pay Off Nigeria’s $76 Million Debt was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com