Erica Campbell says she got the call to perform at an event called Super Bowl Gospel. When she was asked to join, she wanted to sing her new song, “Well Done.” But when she requested to do that song, she was told that there was already a specific line up and plan in place. She chose to opt-out of “playing hard ball” in order to do her own song, and went with the Sounds of Blackness song they asked her to sing instead.
At the event, Erica Campbell says she was so inspired by hearing everyone at the event speak about their faith. She was grateful that she hadn’t made things about herself when they made the arrangements, because instead of focusing on herself and her brand, she thought about the event itself. And when she got there, she received nothing but blessings! Check out this exclusive video to hear more from this inspiring Ericaism on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Members Of The Hateful Group That Candace Owens Works For Wants Her Fired
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirtley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- Rescue Crews Searching Waters Near Car Went Into Water Near Harbor Hospital
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- School Principal Apologizes After Students Were Told To Act Like Runaway Slaves For Black History Month
- Church Administrator, Wife Charged After Stealing $1.2 Million From Congregation To Go On Vacation