Erica Campbell says she got the call to perform at an event called Super Bowl Gospel. When she was asked to join, she wanted to sing her new song, “Well Done.” But when she requested to do that song, she was told that there was already a specific line up and plan in place. She chose to opt-out of “playing hard ball” in order to do her own song, and went with the Sounds of Blackness song they asked her to sing instead.
At the event, Erica Campbell says she was so inspired by hearing everyone at the event speak about their faith. She was grateful that she hadn’t made things about herself when they made the arrangements, because instead of focusing on herself and her brand, she thought about the event itself. And when she got there, she received nothing but blessings! Check out this exclusive video to hear more from this inspiring Ericaism on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Give Us Your Music Feedback & Help Us Choose What We Play On Praise 104.1!
- WATCH: Sony Music Group Launches “YOUR VOICE YOUR POWER YOUR VOTE” Campaign
- ‘He Was Still Breathing’: Tafara Williams Suggests Waukegan Cops Could Have Saved Marcellis Stinnette
- Meet MELĒ, The Skincare Brand Co-Created By Dermatologists Of Color For The Melanin Rich
- Watch Tré Burwell’s Homegoing Service Here
- Philadelphia Cops Kill Walter Wallace Jr., Black Man With Knife Who Video Shows Didn’t Pose Deadly Threat To Police
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- Jamie Foxx’s Sister, DeOndra Dixon, Passes Away At 36
- ‘black-ish’ Creator Kenya Barris To Write, Direct Richard Pryor Biopic
- Money Matters With Jini Thornton: Here’s What You Need To Know About Financial Aid During The Pandemic [WATCH]