Mathew Knowles opened up about growing up and his experience with racism in the South. According to BET, he revealed he dated White women and thought when he met ex-wife, Tina Lawson she was White. In his new book, “Racism: From the Eyes of a Child,” he talked about how his mother had a hard time being Black.
Knowles said, “When I was growing up, my mother used to say, ‘Don’t ever bring no nappy-head Black girl to my house.’ In the Deep South in the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s, the shade of your Blackness was considered important. So I, unfortunately, grew up hearing that message.” This made him date women of different races.
In his book he also opens up about going to therapy and how it helped him face a lot of his past. Knowles said, “I have a chapter in the book that talks about eroticized rage. I talk about going to therapy and sharing — one day I had a breakthrough — that I used to date mainly white women or very high-complexion Black women that looked white. I actually thought when I met Tina, my former wife, that she was white. Later, I found out that she wasn’t, and she was actually very much in-tune with her Blackness.”
- Community Affairs Show: Cheryl Jackson Talks with The DC Board of Elections Chairman, Michael Bennett
- Is It Ok To Put Your Friendships On Pause During The Pandemic?
- Text To Win: Brian Courtney Wilson Private Virtual Meet & Greet [CONTEST]
- Exclusive: Jekalyn Carr Describes All The Ways God Is ‘Changing Her Story’ [VIDEO]
- Latonya Brumfield Story Of Survival Will Truly Inspire You [Exclusive Interview]
- DALLAS WEEK!! B-Mitch, Scott & The Athletic’s Dallas Insiders Saad Yousuf Preview Sunday’s Match-up
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
- Cheryl Jackson Talks With Pastor William McDowell About His New Single, “A Finished Work”
- Alnika Lovello Drops Gems On Growing A Multi-Million Dollar Fashion Brand
- What’s Going On DMV: D.C. Has The Highest Percentage Of Black Owned Businesses In The Nation
Why Mathew Knowles Brought Home Tina Lawson Even Though He Grew Up Dating White Women was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com