Monica Garnes is making headlines after becoming Kroger’s 1st Black Division Leader. According to Ebony, she currently works as the corporate vice president of produce-floral merchandising. Garner began her career with the company in 1995.
Over the past 23 years she joined the management training program and has held positions such as human resources coordinator, produce buyer and more. She has been in her current role since 2015 and is excited about this next opportunity.
Mike Donnelly, Kroger’s executive vice president and chief operating officers said, “Monica is a recognized leader in our business and across the industry. She combines a willingness to embrace fresh ideas with a keen business savvy that yields real results. As the company’s first African-American division president, we are excited to have Monica drive and influence change in our company through her expertise and perspective, and we are eager for her to bring her passion for people and results to Fry’s.” Congratulations to Monica Garnes!
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- Kierra Sheard Shares The Best Parts of Marriage Life & New Single “Miracles” [Interview]
- JJ Hairston Explains ‘A Season of Great Faith’ & The Message Behind “Believe Again”
- Howard University Swim Team Will Make History During Hall of Fame Weekend
- Scriptures & Resources To Turn To For Seasonal Depression
- Master Your Fall Skincare With Tips From Professional Makeup Artist Sheceria Chamblis
- Alabama Inmates Launch State-Wide Strike In Protest For Better Living Conditions
- “The Hair Tales” Trailer Is Here! Get A Glimpse At Hulu & OWN’s Six-Part Series Celebrating Black Beauty
- Dr. Collier Talks About The Cure Of Sickle Cell During National Sickle Cell Awareness Month [WATCH]
- Fisk University Welcomes the Largest Freshmen Class in Over 40 Years