Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Holy Emotions – Biblical Responses to Everyday Challenges (Spirit and Soul)
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Holy Emotions – Biblical Responses to Everyday Challenges (Emotions vs. Thoughts)
- Prince George’s County Officer Shot & Killed In Brandywine
- Christian Evangelist Rev. Billy Graham Has Passed Away At 99
- Protect Yourself From Flu Season With Southern Maryland Medical Group This Saturday!
- Bishop Dolly: What It Means To Be The Salt Of The Earth [EXCLUSIVE]
- Charlotte ‘Prosperity Preacher’ Reportedly Disappeared With Nearly Half A Million Dollars
- Could Teachers Walking Out Stop School Shootings?
- Tavis Smiley Lawsuit Claims PBS Suspension For Sexual Misconduct Was Racist
- True Hollywood Bible Stories: Nathan & David [EXCLUSIVE]