Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Holy Grounds! Swoope’s ‘Shining Down’ vs. 1k Phew’s ‘Show Love’
- IMAGINE Family Day: PGAAMCC Festival and Book Fair
- At Least Eight Woman Accused Morgan Freeman Of “Inappropriate Behavior”
- Washington Capitals Advanced To The Stanley Cup Finals
- Petty Patrol: 8 Of The Most Outrageous & Ridiculous NFL Fines Of All Time
- Doctor Who Made Music Videos During Plastic Surgeries Faces Lawsuit For Alleged Brain Damage To Patient
- The Death Penalty Could Be Reinstated In Maryland
- New NFL Rules Prove Freedom Of Speech Is Great Until It Becomes Unpatriotic
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama Shares Images From “Becoming”
- The NFL Now Requires Players To Stand For The National Anthem