Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- It’s Official! Senator Kamala Harris Is Running For President
- #BlackExcellence: Taraji P. Henson To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Louisville International Airport To Be Named After Muhammad Ali
- Scripture For The Week “Trusting God in Planning”
- Prayer Requests “Pray For Understanding”
- The Other America: Dr. Martin Luther King Annual Tribute at National Cathedral [Livestream]
- Sunday School Review “SUBMIT TO GOD IN CHRIST”
- Inspirational Lifestyles: The New You – Small Steps Make A Difference (Day #5)
- MAGA Hat Wearing Teens Harass At The Indigenous People’s March In Washington, D.C.
- Ellen DeGeneres Blesses The “Furlough Cheesecake Sisters” with $20,000