Faith and Christianity isn’t normally talked about on primetime, but on a new show on CBS it will be the basis of it. “Living Biblically” premieres this week and The Gospel Coalition reports that it’s inspired by “The Year of Living Biblically.”
The show is a comedy, but there is nothing funny about Christianity. This show is about the character “Chip” played by Jay R. Ferguson that picks up the Bible and wants to change his life around. He is also expecting his first child and turns to God for answers.
Patrick Walsh, the creator believes that he’s engaging audiences that are not only fascinated by religion, but enjoy comedy. He said, “I find they are both doing the same thing. What they are both angry with that the other side does, they are doing themselves. A big part of my pitch was that 84 percent of the world aligns themselves with some sort of religion, and it’s never talked about.” Will you tune into this new show?
- ‘Birtherism 2.0’: Newsweek Accused Of Publishing Racist Op-Ed Questioning Kamala Harris Eligibility For VP
- Michelle D. Bernard Talks Kamala Harris Vice Presidential Nomination “It’s A Dawn of a New Day” [Listen]
- Watch Joe Biden and Kamala Harris First Joint Campaign Event Here
- Breonna Taylor’s Mom ‘More Confident’ Justice Will Be Served After Meeting With Kentucky AG
- Georgia Businesswoman Who Compared BLM Protesters To The KKK Wins Primary
- Viola Davis Purchased The Slave Plantation Where She Was Born For Her 55th Birthday
- This Year’s Stellars Gospel Music Awards Is Going Virtual! Details Inside…
- Watch: Randy Weston of Judah Band Releases Music Video For “Up From Here”
- Mr. Griffin: The Comedy Community Mourns The Loss Of Tyler Craig [VIDEO]
- Give Us Your Music Feedback & Help Us Choose What We Play On Praise 104.1!
5 Must See Movies Of Faith
1. The Passion Of The ChristSource: 1 of 5
2. Color of The CrossSource: 2 of 5
3. JoshuaSource: 3 of 5
4. The RobeSource: 4 of 5
5. The 10 CommandmentsSource: 5 of 5
How The CBS Sitcom “Living Biblically” Will Talk About Faith was originally published on getuperica.com