“Black Panther” has made over $900 million and fans are so happy about the success of the film. The entire cast arrived at the Oscars this year and people expect for them to be their in 2019 with multiple nominations. CBR reports that Disney wants to have several Academy Award nominations for this film and is thinking about an Oscar campaign.
There aren’t any contenders as of yet, but “Black Panther” should be high on that list when it comes out. Disney executives would like to launch a “For Your Consideration” campaign for Ryan Coogler’s film. One source said, “A top Disney exec told me flat out that they would be campaigning not only Black Panther for the big prize but also the upcoming Mary Poppins Returns (from director Rob Marshall), which he was raving about, particularly for star Emily Blunt.”
If “Black Panther” is up for Best Picture it will be the first superhero movie to do so. In the coming weeks the film is expected to make a billion dollars. We can’t wait to see what happens with these Oscar nominations next year.
- HBO Max Considers Changing Its Subscription Costs
- Cardi B Announces Limited Edition Fashion Doll With Doll Brand, Real Women Are
- Fred Hammond On His ‘Surviving Williams’ Series, Verzuz With Kirk Franklin, Battling COVID-19 & More!
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Far Away’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- After Being Sued By Her Sister, Mariah Carey’s Brother Is Now Suing For “Emotional Distress”
- Can LBJ’s ‘Space Jam’ Live Up to MJ’s or Even Surpass the 1996 Original?
- Every Referee Officiating The 2021 NBA All-Star Game Will Be An HBCU Graduate
- In Celebration of ‘Coming 2 America’s Release, Amazon Prime Video Announces Partnership With Black-Owned Restaurants
- House Passes Police Reform Act Named For George Floyd [VIDEO]
Why Disney Is Contemplating An Oscar Campaign For “Black Panther” was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com