Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- What’s The Tea: Simone Biles Isn’t Happy With the New USA Gymnastic Preisdent
- DJ Soul’s Praise Power Mix [October 15th, 2018]
- Carvin Winans Releases New Single “Once In A Lifetime” [AUDIO]
- Michelle Williams Shares A Piece Of Her Life In The First Look At “Chad Loves Michelle” [VIDEO]
- The Front Five – Al Galdi’s Five Biggest Takeaways From The Redskins’ 23-17 Win Over The Panthers
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expecting Their First Child In 2019
- Author Addresses The Financial Impact Of Racial Bias
- Too Little, Too Late! #CornerstoreCaroline Apologizes After Falsely Accusing Black Boy Of Assault
- #MuteRKelly: Parents Of The Singer’s Alleged Victim Launch ‘Abuse Hotline’ Against Him
- Harvard University Honors Colin Kaepernick For His Fight Against Social Injustice