Get Exclusive News and Contest to Your Inbox:
What in the edges is going on here?! I about had a fit when I heard that Eco Styler Gel could contain an ingredient that causes cancer! So I’ve set out to find out the truth and thank God I did!
I don’t know about you but the labels on most products are so confusing to me and I have no idea what the stuff listed really is beside the obvious water, alcohol etc. But thanks to the natural curly community online I was able to find out exactly what is in one of our favorite gels.
According to natural beauty blogger, AlopeciaFreeWithJass, Eco Styler Gel does contain an agent that is known to cause cancer. In a YouTube video she breaks down the ingredients in the popular gel and came across one troubling one, Tetrasodum EDTA. After reading this I immediately went to my bathroom to see if my jar had Tetrasodum listed.
Tetrasodum is known for causing allergic reactions and is also linked to causing cancer. This ingredient is also said to contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Additionally, according to the “U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Cosmetics Ingredient Review (CIR), triethanolamine is best suited for products that should be washed off after application.”
Watch natural beauty blogger AlopeciaFreeWithJass break down exactly whats in Eco Styler Gel more
Sad to say I threw out my large jar of Eco Styler Gel and am on the hunt for something more natural for my 4C texture.
- Voting By Mail In Maryland: What You Need To Know [Watch]
- Cheryl Jackson Exclusive VIP Chat With CeCe Winans [Watch Live]
- GRIFF’S Prayer For The Las Vegas Raiders [VIDEO]
- All The Black History Made At The 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- ‘Racist Bigot’ Trump Supporter Who Killed BLM Protester Dies By Suicide
- Black Hollywood Did That! Here Are The Best Looks & Winners Lists At The 2020 Emmy’s Awards
- Text & Title Time on Sunday Joy with Ronnette Rollins 9/20/20
- CDC: The Majority of Children That Have Died From COVID19 Are Black, Hispanic, or Native American
- Vivica A. Fox Tests Positive For COVID-19, Misses Emmy Telecast
- Pamela Hutchinson Of The Emotions, Known For ‘Best Of My Love’ Hit Single, Passes Away At 61
Eco Styler Gel Has Ingredient that Could Cause Cancer?! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com