Regina Belle is a Grammy Award winning singer and is about to be featured on TV One’s “Unsung.” While speaking with Erica Campbell she talked about how God and family helped her through her career. She mentioned that her family still looks at her just like Gina and not the star she is.
They have kept her grounded and rooted through these 31 years in the music industry. The family also made her keep things in perspective. Regina also talked about her highs and lows in her career. She recalled being in a hotel room in New Orleans and knowing God was there.
Regina had drank nearly a 5th of Hennessy and heard, “If you want to get high you gotta go to something stronger.”
At that moment she knew that she didn’t want to do this to herself anymore. Years later she went on to sing gospel music even though it wasn’t her first thought. Regina’s life has been filled with mountains as well as peaks and fans will see that on the show.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Aretha Franklin Honored Posthumously With Pulitzer Prize Special Citation
- Black Entrepreneur Teaches Youth About Business Ownership Through Board Game
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- Report: Did John Singleton Have a Stroke?
- Michael Ealy & Meagan Good On Protecting Black Women In ‘The Intruder’
- Prosecutors Say South Carolina 5th Grader Died Of Natural Causes, Not From Fight
- Is Perfectionism Toxic?
- I Want God: Maurette Brown Clark Cries Out to the Lord in New Single
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Invention That Protects Your Nose During Allergy Season [VIDEO]
- Howard Students Feel Disrespected By Residents Who Think The Campus Should Be Moved