April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expecting Their First Child In 2019
- Author Addresses The Financial Impact Of Racial Bias
- Too Little, Too Late! #CornerstoreCaroline Apologizes After Falsely Accusing Black Boy Of Assault
- #MuteRKelly: Parents Of The Singer’s Alleged Victim Launch ‘Abuse Hotline’ Against Him
- Harvard University Honors Colin Kaepernick For His Fight Against Social Injustice
- Johns Hopkins University To Name Campus Building After Henrietta Lacks
- Shae’s Corner Stone: Kanye West Genius or Madman? (OP-ED)
- Scripture For The Week “God’s Word Is Powerful”
- Prayer Requests “Have Faith, Believe It, Receive It”
- Sunday School Review “Constantly Working”
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com