April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Prince George’s County Provides Information For Federal Government Shutdown Assistance
- Maryland Comptroller Announces Help For Federal Workers
- Gov. Larry Hogan Sworn In For Second Term Wednesday
- Computer Glitch Responsible for Southwest Delays at BWI
- Baltimore Church Leaders Handing Over Files Amid Abuse Probe
- McDonald’s Employee Fired After Calling Customer The N-Word [Video]
- Washington D.C. Among Cites Most-Infected By Beg Bugs List
- Did You Feel That? 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake Reported Off Maryland Coast On Tuesday
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord I Need Peace [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Be Slow To Speak And Slow To Get Angry [VIDEO]
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.Source: 1 of 13
2.Source: 2 of 13
3.Source: 3 of 13
4.Source: 4 of 13
5.Source: 5 of 13
6.Source: 6 of 13
7.Source: 7 of 13
8.Source: 8 of 13
9.Source: 9 of 13
10.Source: 10 of 13
11.Source: 11 of 13
12.Source: 12 of 13
13.Source: 13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com