The topic of depression and suicide is still being discussed and one caller wanted to know how he can help a loved one that needs counseling. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned to the caller that maybe he can bring her to the doctor. Sometimes people that are dealing with certain issues need encouragement to address mental health issues or be diagnosed.
If this doesn’t work then reach out to someone the person has trust in and have them speak about it. Dr. Ramel Smith talked about how having an eye on the person sometimes helps because you are watching them isolate themselves and more. When that happens it can become a snowball and things could possibly get worse. Remember to check on your loved ones and help them if you can.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Nominate A Phenomenal Woman For The She IS…Monumental Award Sponsored by MGM National Harbor
- Feels Like Home: Israel & Adrienne Houghton Share Story Of How Their Supportive Marriage Encouraged Israel’s Album
- Healthy Ever After: How To Relieve Stress, Anxiety & Depression [VIDEO]
- Spike Lee Partners With HBO On 9/11 Documentary For 20th Anniversary
- The Fresh Prince of Politics? Will Smith Considering a Run for Office
- So Cute: Serena Williams & Daughter Olympia Flaunt Matching Outfits In New Stuart Weitzman Campaign
- Jonathan McReynolds Responds To KevOnStage, Talks New Music, Sunday’s Best + More!
- Chloé Zhao Makes History As First Asian Woman To Win Best Director For ‘Nomadland’ At Golden Globes
- Winston Duke Will Portray Civil Rights Activist Marcus Garvey In Amazon Biopic, ‘Marked Man’
- Cheryl Jackson Talks With Evvie McKinney About New Music and God Blessing Her Life During The Pandemic (video)
Black Women In Hollywood Who Battled Depression [PHOTOS]
1. Willow SmithSource: 1 of 9
2. Keri HilsonSource: 2 of 9
3. Kerry WashingtonSource: 3 of 9
4. Michelle WilliamsSource: 4 of 9
5. Kelly RowlandSource: 5 of 9
6. Mary J. BligeSource: 6 of 9
7. Alicia KeysSource: 7 of 9
8. Serena WilliamsSource: 8 of 9
9. Halle BerrySource: 9 of 9
How To Help A Loved One Who May Need Counseling [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com