In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ce Ce Winans Adds Four New Trophies To Her Dove Award Collection And She Looked Amazing!!!
- Community Affairs Show: Dr. Lorenzo Leggio of The National Institute on Drug Abuse
- From the mouths of babes – Motivational Moment
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- The Dads On Duty Group Helps Quell Violence At Louisiana High School
- ‘Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls’ Initiative Encourages Black Women To Take Action Against Breast Cancer
- Beyoncé’s adidas x Ivy Park Collaborates With Peloton
- Black Women’s Player Collective Fosters Partnership With Adidas To Change The Narrative Around Representation In Soccer
- Serena Williams And Michael B. Jordan Team Up With VC Firm To Lead HBCU Entrepreneurship Initiative
- CEO of ‘EBONY’ Eden Sklenar Discusses The Magazine’s History & 2021 EBONY Power 100
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com