In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Arrangements Announced for the Queen of Soul
- People Are Outraged That Donald Trump Says, “Aretha Franklin Worked For Me” As A Response To Her Passing
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Why GRIFF Wouldn’t Be Here If It Wasn’t For Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking Dedicated To Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE]
- Funeral Arrangements For Aretha Franklin Announced
- Faith Walking: God Will Deliver [EXCLUSIVE]
- Omarosa’s Publisher Responds To Trump’s Legal Threats
- These Powerful Black Women Won’t Let Trump Stop Them From Being Heard
- Videos Show Black Student In Handcuffs, Arrested For Wearing A Bandana In School
- Our Program Director, Ron Thompson, Stops By Good Morning Washington To Honor Arethat Franklin
Meet The Stars Of "We're The Campbells" [PHOTOS]
1. We're The CampbellsSource:TV One 1 of 9
2. Warryn CampbellSource:TV One 2 of 9
3. Erica CampbellSource:TV One 3 of 9
4. The CampbellsSource:TV One 4 of 9
5. Krista CampbellSource:TV One 5 of 9
6. Wozy CampbellSource:TV One 6 of 9
7. Zaya CampbellSource:TV One 7 of 9
8. "We're The Campbells" Full CastSource:TV One 8 of 9
9. The CampbellsSource:TV One 9 of 9
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com