Mahisha Mahisha Dellinger is the owner of the hair care line, Curls and is now the star of OWNs Mind Your Business. She talks to Krystal Lee about how it all began.
Dellinger was a young mom who faces horrible workplace racism at her corporate. She was also newly natural and realized that there was not a hair product line that really worked for her hair. That’s what sparked the idea to start a hair care line.
She really had to push herself out of her comfort zone to make her business a success, and says that the key to starting a business is to just go for it. You have to, “take a small step every day.”
Curls went from an $86,000 company its first year to now being a million dollar company, hear all about her journey in the audio above.
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns1 of 11
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter2 of 11
3. Mary Mary and Willie3 of 11
4. No Malice and Willie4 of 11
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams5 of 11
6. William Mcdowell6 of 11
7. The Hairstons7 of 11
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.8 of 11
9. The Walls Group stopped by!9 of 11
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast10 of 11
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy11 of 11
Mahisha Dellinger Creator of ‘Curls’ Says ‘I Couldn’t Avoid My Destiny’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com