Earl Bynum is taking a quick break from the Stellar Award nominated Mount Unity Choir to release his third studio album, This Song Is For You. It’ll be his first solo project since 2009.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Due October 5, This Song Is For You is slated to include his radio single “Bless the Lord (The Remix),” “Only Unto You” and “Call Him,” along with seven other tracks that range from congregational style to urban contemporary. And believe it or not, it’s Bynum’s first studio recording.
“It was different for me trying to do it,” he says. “I’m a live concert type of performer, so the studio ain’t hard but it also ain’t easy because I feed off of my audience and there’s no audience in the studio with me. I had to change my mindset to approach these songs and it helped take me out of the choir backdrop and let me live in a new space.”
Get a feel for the album and listen to Bynum’s “Bless the Lord (The Remix)” single below!
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource:Publicity 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource:courtesy of Jermaine Dolly 7 of 7
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- Security Guard Shoots Man Attempting To Break Into Fox 5 DC
- Dove Awards 2018 Winners & Performance Highlights [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
- Give Us Your Music Feedback For A Chance To Win A Praise Prize Package
- Here Are Your Early Voting Polling Places In The DMV Area
- Is Your Babe Your Best Friend? 5 Tips To Build Trust In Relationships
- Stacey Abrams Tied In Race For Governor Despite GOP’s Hold On Georgia
- #SayHerName: Video Shows Black Teen Girl Being Punched While Restrained By Florida Cops
Earl Bynum to Release Third Studio Album, ‘This Song Is For You’ was originally published on getuperica.com