In 2012, Joshua Rogers became the youngest and first male artist to win on the hit show “Sunday’s Best.” He spoke about how his life changed that year on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell.” It took him a long time to actually realize that he won, but also received different comments from people about the fact that he won only because he was a guy and not the fact that he was so talented.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rogers hasn’t released an album in nearly 5 years and is ready to give fans new music. His new single “Pour Your Oil,” is amazing and so many love it. During the interview Rogers mentioned he didn’t realize it’s been that long since he put out music.
With this album “Returning,” it’s all about coming to grips with certain things in his life. He said, “It’s coming from a place of where I’ve been and where I want to go.” Since his last album he’s been on a journey. He’s building a better relationship with God and his family. During the interview Rogers also spoke about how he used to fear singing and recited his favorite Bible verse before every performance. We can’t wait to hear this new album!
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- #ICYMI: The 13th Annual Praise 104.1/Spirit 1340 Spirit Of Praise Celebration! [WATCH]
- The 13th Annual Spirit of Praise Bonus Footage
- 5 Events That Shaped Black History Month In The UK
- Interview: Documentary ‘Downing Of A Flag’ Explores History Of A Controversial Symbol
- Solange’s Saint Heron To Launch Library That Amplifies The Work Of Black Creators
- Track Star Allyson Felix Named Women’s Sports Foundation’s Sportswoman Of The Year
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Le Jux: American Missionaries Kidnapped In Haiti By Alleged Gang Members
- Howard University Receives Largest Alumni Donation In Its 154-Year History