National Diabetes Awareness Month has begun and unfortunately there are over 30 million people living with the disease. Dr. Griffin Rodgers stopped by “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell,” to speak about not only about diabetes, but how we can possibly prevent it as well as control it when we’re diagnosed.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Many don’t know, but Gestational diabetes effects a lot of women during their pregnancy. Dr. Griffin mentioned that after delivering the baby it can possibly go away, but for some women it stays. He even spoke about how women and children remain at risk to get type 2 diabetes in the future.
Moreover, if you’re diagnosed with gestational diabetes it’s best to go get tested 12 weeks after delivering the baby. For the women that aren’t diagnosed with it after giving birth, Dr. Griffin recommends you get tested every 3 years. As time goes on if you’re pre-diabetic, you should be getting tested once a year.
Lastly, Dr. Griffin shared some advice on how to fight diabetes. He recommends making lifestyle changes such as going to the doctor, eating better and exercising. Erica Campbell mentioned that today we’re exposed to a lot of processed foods and chemicals. Dr. Griffin would like everyone to be aware of what we’re putting in their body and will continue to deliver information that can change as well as save lives.
Check out some desserts made into healthy smoothies below!
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- What The Spiritual And Biblical Meaning Of 11 Is
- Fake News: Sister Of Self-Hating Black Teen Featured On ‘Dr. Phil’ Says Racist Story Is A Lie [VIDEO]
- How A Knock At The Door Changed David & Tamela Manns Life [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: How To Start Praying [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
This Is The Remix: Your Fave Desserts Made Into Healthy Smoothies
1. Join Us For A Smoothie Challenge #BlenderBeautiesSource: 1 of 12
2. Peach CobblerSource: 2 of 12
3. You’re Gonna Flip Over This Mint Chocolate Chip SipSource: 3 of 12
4. Cookie Cream DreamSource: 4 of 12
5. Peanut Butter Jelly TimeSource: 5 of 12
6. I Aint Gonna Lie, I Love Sweet Potato PieSource: 6 of 12
7. Strawberry ShortcakeSource: 7 of 12
8. Sly Key Lime PieSource: 8 of 12
9. Chocolate Raspberry Shake RemakeSource: 9 of 12
10. Holla At This Pina ColadaSource: 10 of 12
11. Mocha Mood BoosterSource: 11 of 12
12. I Love My Smoothie Helpers!Source: 12 of 12
Dr. Griffin Rodgers On How We Can Fight Diabetes [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com