William McDowell is not only a Dove and Stellar Award winner, but a pastor, husband and father of 5 little ones. His children range in the age from 1 to 8 and each of them are incredible kids that he loves so much.
We live in a time where some parents feel that they will wait until their children are ready or feel like they want to know God, but McDowell doesn’t believe that it should be that way.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
According to some statistics he read off, “90% of all people come to faith before the age of 18.” He mentioned that we shouldn’t be leaving it up to our children to make that choice.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He even quoted Proverbs 22:6, which states, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
SEE ALSO: Mr. Griffin: I Love Being A Dad [VIDEO]
McDowell mentioned that all children after a certain age begin to experience a sin nature. Going to church and helping them to learn to have a great relationship with God is important.
He also said, “If we don’t guide, lead and direct them in the way they should go we are doing a huge disservice to them.”
Make sure you listen to the full interview with William McDowell up top!
An Inexpensive, Last Minute Father’s Day Gift Guide
1. Personalized Creations ($14+)1 of 5
2. Edible Arrangements ($25+)2 of 5
3. Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey ($24.99)3 of 5
4. Beard Bib ($24.99)4 of 5
5. Genetic Ethnicity Test ($59.99)5 of 5
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Little Boy Wants To Know Why Passenger Has ‘Her Stinky Feet’ On His Seat [VIDEO]
- Rihanna Wants To Be A Mom ‘More Than Anything In Life’
- Bushwick Bill Passes Away At 52 After Battle With Pancreatic Cancer
- Marvin Sapp Stepping Down From Church In Michigan To Lead Texas Church
William McDowell On Training Up Our Children To Know God was originally published on getuperica.com