Congratulations are in order for The Howard University men’s basketball team as they clinched the MEAC conference regular season title! With the victory, the team is now poised for a run to their first national NCAA tournament in more than three decades. It was Senior night at Burr Gymnasium and a packed arena when the Howard Bison defeated Norfolk State with an ending score of 87 to 67. This win gives the team its first outright regular season Mid-Eastern Athletic Championship (MEAC) championship since 1987.
Text “KYS” to 37890 To Join Our Text Club!
The team finished the regular season with 19 wins and 12 losses led by Head Coach Kenny Blakeney who joined the team in 2019.
One of the team’s secret ingrediants was the biggest recruits of summer 2020, Makur Maker. Maker was wanted by almost every college team in the country and he decided to attend The Mecca, Howard which shook the college basketball landscape. That decision showed that Howard could be a viable destination for top-tier basketball talent. Maker ended up only playing a handful of games for the Bison ever due to injury and leaving school early to pursue pro basketball.
RELATED: HU! Five-Star High School Basketball Recruit Makur Maker Commits To Howard University
RELATED: Howard University Swim And Dive Team Make Black History On ‘Sports Illustrated Daily Cover’
Howard has made a lot of history recently as their swim team graced the cover of ‘Sports Illustrated’ and now with winning this MEAC title, they could be heading to March Madness for the first time in more than three decades! Congrats Howard, let’s keep it going!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
- VP Harris Gives Howard University’s Basketball Team Motivational Speech After NCAA Tournament Loss
- Howard Men’s Basketball Team Wins First MEAC Title Since 1987
- Everything Legendary Creators Talk Bowie State Partnership, Life After Shark Tank, and What’s Next!
- Howard University Swim And Dive Team Make Black History On ‘Sports Illustrated Daily Cover’
- NASA Aims To Empower The Next Generation Of STEM Innovators At HBCUs With $12 Million Donation
- ‘They Don’t Want Me’: Ed Reed Says Bethune-Cookman Won’t Hire Him As Football Coach
- HBCU Men’s Basketball Program Tackles Black Maternal Health
- Winston-Salem State Chancellor Denies Campus Cops Were Weaponized In Viral Arrest Video
- Morehouse To Offer Groundbreaking Black History Course In The Metaverse
- Check Out The 6 Bands Chosen For The 2023 Honda Battle of the Bands
Howard Men’s Basketball Team Wins First MEAC Title Since 1987 was originally published on kysdc.com
17 Top Resurrection Sunday Songs
LaTocha Talks To Cheryl Jackson About Her Passion To Do Gospel and Inspirational Music
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
See Who's Performing At The 2023 She Is... Women's Empowerment Summit
Happy Women's History Month! Here's 8 Scriptures For Women
Women of the Bible: Priscilla
Kirk Franklin Becomes First Artist To Spend 100 Weeks At Number 1 On Songwriters Chart
Dr Myles Munroe, Daughter And Wife Killed In Airplane Accident