Today is March 14th aka 3/14 which means it’s National Pi Day!
“Pi Day” started out as a day for mathematicians. Pi (or Π) is the constant value that represents the ratio of a circumference of a circle to its diameter, which is just about 3.14 (and a bunch of infinite numbers after that). 3/14 is also the birthday of world-renowned theoretical physicist Albert Einstein.
To help you celebrate here are 3 Black-Owned pizza shops in The DMV for you to try out for Pi Day and throughout the rest of the year.
Ella’s Wood Fired Kitchen
610 9th St NW Washington, DC 20004
Stone Hot Pizza
7578 Telegraph Road, B, Alexandria, Virginia 22315
36 Watkins Park Dr, Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774
SEE MORE ABOUT FOOD:
- Starbucks Reveals First Accessible Store In D.C.
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
- DC-Based Chef Receives Nobel Peace Prize Nomination
- Chef Kwame Onwuachi’s Forthcoming DC Restaurant Honors Benjamin Banneker
- DC Nonprofit Takes On Hunger Crisis Rescuing And Delivering Fresh Food Before It Goes To Waste
- McDonald’s Adds Mambo Sauce To The Menu
- Smuckers to Buy Hostess Brands in Multi-Billion Dollar Sale
- Ben’s Chili Bowl Celebrates 65 Years! Donnie Simpson & Tony Perkins Talk To Ms. Virginia Ali About Ben’s Impact On The DMV
- Nationals Park Nominated For Best Stadium Food
- Maker of “Texas Pete” Hot Sauce Sued… For Not Making The Sauce In Texas
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
17 Top Resurrection Sunday Songs
WPRS/WYCB Are Giving A Black History Salute To Churches In The DMV [Submit Your Church Here]
Dr Myles Munroe, Daughter And Wife Killed In Airplane Accident
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know - Held in His Hand (Jan. 24th)
BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
Keep The Romance Alive | Dr. Willie Jolley
Text & Title 1-28-24