The NBA legend, Earvin “Magic” Johnson has joined the bidding group to own the Washington Commanders, sources confirmed. The Hall of Famer will join the Harris group led by Josh Harris who also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils.
Magic Johnson is currently the part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was The Lakers team president from 2017-2019. He has also invested in other sports teams, including the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks and MLS’ Los Angeles FC.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
In November, The Commanders current team owners, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they will be selling the team and Forbes listed the value of the franchise at $5.6 billion. NFL owners will be meeting in Phoenix next week, so a deal could happen soon but sources say that the sale most likely won’t be approved until late May when the owners meet again.
READ MORE SPORTS NEWS:
- ‘In The Arena: Serena Williams’ Docuseries Coming To ESPN
- Coppin State University Names Larry Stewart As Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- Jalen Rose Fires Back At Phil Jackson Over Anti Black Lives Matter Remarks: “Stop Watching Forever”
- Who Is Prince Asante Sefa-Boakye And What Is His Mission With Water Polo In Ghana?
- Lawsuit Shows Dwayne Haskins Was Drugged In Blackmail Conspiracy Before His Death
- First Lady Jill Biden’s Press Secretary Releases Statement Following Iowa & LSU White House Visit Comments
- Andre Drummond Quits Social Media & Changes Phone Number Amid Mental Health Struggles
- Op-Ed: Jason Whitlock Says He’d Reject Black Quarterbacks To Avoid Race Concerns. Has He Forgotten He’s Black?
- Magic Johnson Joins The Run To Buy The Commanders
- The Wizards Sweep The Spurs For 22-23 Season After Friday Night Victory [Wizards Postgame March 24th vs Spurs]
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Magic Johnson Joins The Run To Buy The Commanders was originally published on woldcnews.com
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Announces Pregnancy: “I Am So Excited & Blessed”
He’s Back! Jamie Foxx Announces Return To TV With New Show
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
10 Richest Black Communities in America