According to the US Department of Education, 79% of American public school teachers are white. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) are working to change this as teacher shortages continue to worsen across the country. Two of our local HBCUs, Bowie State University and Morgan State University, are at the forefront of increasing the number of Black educators in schools.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
The Center for Research and Mentoring of Black Male Students & Teachers is located at Bowie State University. This program aims to support a pipeline of Black males interested in entering the education profession, as Black males account for only 2% of teachers in U.S. public schools.
Click Here To Learn More About This Program At BSU
Morgan State University has established a new National Center for the Elimination of Educational Disparities. NCEED’s goal is to conduct research-driven interventions that we can try in schools. The program wants to help provide access to high quality learning experiences, adequately resourced schools, culturally competent teachers, access to adequate healthcare and nutrition to support a positive home and community environment with culturally conscious curriculum that will positively impact children’s learning outcomes.
Click Here To Learn More About This Program At MSU
- Morgan State To Expand Off-Campus Housing With Multi-Family Apartment Building
- President Joe Biden To Deliver 2023 Commencement Speech At Howard University
- Coppin State University Names Larry Stewart As Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- “Hate Never Wins”: Morgan State University Tears Down Long Symbol Of Racism
- 2 Local HBCUs Are Leading Efforts To Increase The Number Of Black Teachers In The Classroom
- Bowie State University To Name Theatre After Dionne Warwick
- VP Harris Gives Howard University’s Basketball Team Motivational Speech After NCAA Tournament Loss
- Howard Men’s Basketball Team Wins First MEAC Title Since 1987
- Everything Legendary Creators Talk Bowie State Partnership, Life After Shark Tank, and What’s Next!
- Howard University Swim And Dive Team Make Black History On ‘Sports Illustrated Daily Cover’
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
2 Local HBCUs Are Leading Efforts To Increase The Number Of Black Teachers In The Classroom was originally published on woldcnews.com
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
Sarcoidosis Clinical Trials and Steroids - Special Virtual Event
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
10 Richest Black Communities in America
Download The New Praise 104.1 Mobile App!