Charleston

Charleston shooter Dylann Roof has pleaded guilty to state charges avoiding the possibility of a second death sentence. The 23-year-old entered his plea Monday on charges which included nine counts of murder in South Caroline,three attempted murder counts and weapons offenses which yielded a life prison sentence. The self-described white supremacist pleaded not guilty in his […]

On June 17, 2015, Dylann Roof left Mother Emmanuel and traveled to the Branch AME Church, about 30 minutes away, planning to attack that Bible study as well.

The settlements of lawsuits brought on by individuals who were wrongfully convicted of crimes, families of those killed by police officers, and disability rights activists, equate to millions of dollars in payouts.

Donald Trump's transition team is calling on Congress to fund the creation of a wall along the Mexican border as soon as April.

According to reports, many of the electors did not reside in the congressional districts they represented.

Dylann Roof faces the death penalty or life in prison when the penalty phase of his hate crimes trial resumes on January 3.

Dylann Roof appeared in court on Friday to face the jury for shooting nine people at a historic Black church in Charleston, South Carolina last year.

"After we looked at the evidence and read the laws, and looked at the things that were presented to us by the judge, we had to come to find out that he didn't do anything malicious," the foreman said.

The federal judge presiding over the Michael Slager trial ordered the jury to keep working after jurors said they could not come to a consensus.

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A white man accused of fatally shooting nine black parishioners at a Charleston church last year was allowed to act as his own attorney in his federal death penalty trial Monday. Dylann Roof‘s request came against his lawyers’ advice, and U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel said he would reluctantly accept the […]

A startling on-camera confrontation shows a White man hurling racial slurs at a noted journalist.

The former North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer who was charged with the murder of Walter Scott—a 50-year-old Black man who was fatally shot during a traffic stop—has asked that the state court move his murder trial out of Charleston.