1. George Lucas, $5.4 billion
Selling Lucas Film to Disney added to his wealth. That deal earned him 4.1 billion in 2012.
2. Steven Spielberg, $3.7 billion
“His latest project “Ready Player One” was among his profitable projects. The acquisition of his Dreamworks Animation also helped.
3. Oprah Winfrey, $2.8 billion
Her Weight Watchers investment only increased her fortune.
4. Michael Jordan, $1.7 billion
His fortune comes from his sneakers and a 90% stake in the Charlotte Hornets basketball team, valued at an estimated $800 million.
5. Kylie Jenner, $900 million (tie)
The 21-year-old is new to the list. Her Kylie Cosmetics brand has made more than $630 million since its launch two years ago.
5. Jay-Z, $900 million (tie)
Stakes in companies including Armand de Brignac champagne and D’Ussé cognac helped add $90 million from his 2017 figure.
7. David Copperfield, $875 million
The millionaire magician continues to perform in Vegas.
8. Diddy, $825 million
His money comes from more than music: His sold Sean John clothing line, Ciroc vodka and stakes in companies including Revolt TV and DeLeón tequila apparently have been lucrative.
9. Tiger Woods, $800 million
The golfer won his first major victory in five years this September. That didn’t hurt his bottom line.
9. James Patterson. $800 million
The prolific author’s book sales are incredible.