Whole Foods Market has apologized to a woman from Silver Spring who claims she was treated unfairly because she wore a hijab. Buhite Al-Jabry just finished paying for groceries at her neighborhood Whole Foods in Silver Spring Monday evening when she was singled out by a security guard who accused her of stealing.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & Exclusive News Sent Directly To You!
Al-Jabry gave the security guard the receipt with the intention of him doing his job, just like if you shop at Costco. Although he had the receipt in his hand, the guard kept insisting that she did not scan the items. The security guard caused a scene at the grocery store when he began yelling at her in front of people.
Al-Jabry claimed she called for assistance and that another employee confirmed she had not stolen anything. The employee stated that she was targeted because of her attire. Despite being a frequent customer, Al-Janet stated that she will not return to the store.
RELATED: 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is urging Whole Foods to release security footage and conduct a thorough investigation. They also want Whole Foods to provide cultural competency training to its employees.
READ MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Where to? Top 20 Summer Travel Destinations for 2023 Unveiled
- Morgan State To Expand Off-Campus Housing With Multi-Family Apartment Building
- Teen Girl Dead After Shooting In District Heights
- Alexandria To Begin Process of Renaming Streets Honoring Confederate Leaders
- President Joe Biden To Deliver 2023 Commencement Speech At Howard University
- MCPS Adding Vape Detectors To 6 Schools
- Spirit Airlines To Offer Daily Nonstop Flights From BWI Airport To San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Coppin State University Names Larry Stewart As Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- BREAKING: Robert Contee III No Longer The Chief Of Police in Washington, D.C.
- Double Shooting Under Investigation in Prince George’s County
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Silver Spring Whole Foods Apologizes To Woman Who Felt Discriminated Against was originally published on woldcnews.com
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
Sarcoidosis Clinical Trials and Steroids - Special Virtual Event
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
10 Richest Black Communities in America
Download The New Praise 104.1 Mobile App!