The Christ Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in Jacksonville, FL has been the target of relentless protests ever since the church reportedly allowed a convicted sex offender to return to the pulpit. Instead of removing the pastor the church banned kids from Sunday service to comply with a court order. Church goers who have tried to bring kids to the service have reportedly been turned away.
The church’s felonious new preacher, named Darrell Gilyard, cannot have any contact with underage children after pleading guilty to molestation charges in 2009 of underage children in another church congregation.
Via News 4 Jax
Since joining Christ Tabernacle on North Davis Street, the congregation has had to adapt to changes. Under the terms of Gilyard’s release, court documents show he is not allowed to have “unsupervised contact with children under 18 years old.” The church agreed to ban children from Sunday service.
- DC Mourns Paul Neal Nelson, Jr, a Staple of the Gospel Community
- Whitney Houston Funeral Details
- Gospel Artists Comments on The Passing of Whitney Houston
- Watch Whitney Houston Funeral at Noon [LIVESTREAM]
- Whitney Houston’s “Sparkle” Make Up Artist Kym Lee Remembers The Late Legend
- Was Whitney Houston Preparing For Death? See Why
- Bishop T.D. Jakes To Deliver Uplifting Message At Whitney Houston’s Funeral
- Bishop TD Jakes Shares His Heart Regarding Whitney Houston
- Radio Show Host Suspended After Making Derogatory Comments About Whitney Houston
- Yolanda Adams Honors Whitney Houston On NAACP Image Awards
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Announces Pregnancy: “I Am So Excited & Blessed”
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
10 Richest Black Communities in America