Tamar Braxton tapped into her own family issues for her new single “My Man.”
If you saw Lifetime’s Toni Braxton biopic, Unbreak My Heart, you will remember the scene were Evelyn Braxton found out her husband was cheating. We all saw Evelyn‘s rage about the affair, but Tamar has put her thoughts and emotions to music with “My Man” from her upcoming album.
The track reflects on a woman’s reflection about unwittingly opening her marriage up to infidelity after keeping one treacherous, traitorous friend a little too close. Tamar debuted it for her mom and her sisters during the latest episode of Braxton Family Values, concerned about the impact it might have on Evelyn.
“I know it’s gonna hit her in the core because it’s really about her and my dad,” Tamar explained before playing the song for them. “I wrote it about mom and her experience with daddy and how I felt that she felt.”
On the song, Tamar sings, “Never trust a girl with the one you love, she eat dinner at my table, even watched my kids—and she took my man.”
Listen to rest of “My Man” below.
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns1 of 11
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter2 of 11
3. Mary Mary and Willie3 of 11
4. No Malice and Willie4 of 11
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams5 of 11
6. William Mcdowell6 of 11
7. The Hairstons7 of 11
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.8 of 11
9. The Walls Group stopped by!9 of 11
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast10 of 11
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy11 of 11
Tamar Braxton Uses Father’s Affair As Inspiration For New Song was originally published on blackamericaweb.com