“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- Thug Who Flashed Gun At HBCU Students Is Still On The Streets
- Everything We Know About The Memphis Police Shooting Of Martavious Banks
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Warryn & Erica Campbell Team Up To Release Their First Duet Together, “All Of My Life” [VIDEO]
- Jenifer Lewis Wears Nike On Emmys Red Carpet In Support Of Colin Kaepernick [VIDEO]
- University’s Counselors Believe White Students Need A ‘Safe Space’ To Discuss Anti-Racism
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Living With A Fire Devotion With Jesus Culture – Freedom (Day 7)
- Tori Kelly Shares Why She Named Her Album “Hiding Place” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Protesters For Botham Jean Spent More Time In Jail Than Amber Guyger
- Koryn Hawthorn Makes History On Billboard Gospel Chart
- Jonathan Nelson On His New Album: “From Beginning to End You Really Feel Like You Are Hearing And Feeling Declaration For Yourself” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]