“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Soul Detox – Toxic Thoughts (Identify them and reject them) Day #2
- Chloe x Halle to Sing ‘America the Beautiful’ at Super Bowl LIII
- “Black Panther” & “BlacKkKlansman” Land Multiple Oscar Nominations: See Full List
- Report: Chris Brown Held By Police In France Due To Rape Accusation
- 4 Teens Arrested In Robbery Investigation
- DMV School Closings & Delays [January 22nd, 2019]
- D.C Restaurant Week Extended For The First Time In History
- Yolanda Adams And 13 Year Old, Miles Caton Sings On The View
- City of Houston Partners With Non-Profit To Help Furloughed Government Workers
- Erykah Badu Tries To Clarify Her R. Kelly Comments: ‘I Want Healing For You & Anyone You Hurt’