Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- HBO Max Considers Changing Its Subscription Costs
- Cardi B Announces Limited Edition Fashion Doll With Doll Brand, Real Women Are
- Fred Hammond On His ‘Surviving Williams’ Series, Verzuz With Kirk Franklin, Battling COVID-19 & More!
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Far Away’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- After Being Sued By Her Sister, Mariah Carey’s Brother Is Now Suing For “Emotional Distress”
- Can LBJ’s ‘Space Jam’ Live Up to MJ’s or Even Surpass the 1996 Original?
- Every Referee Officiating The 2021 NBA All-Star Game Will Be An HBCU Graduate
- In Celebration of ‘Coming 2 America’s Release, Amazon Prime Video Announces Partnership With Black-Owned Restaurants
- House Passes Police Reform Act Named For George Floyd [VIDEO]
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
Source: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueen
Source: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.
Source: 9 of 10
Same nigga since '91. pic.twitter.com/Uiwj0aPF— Freddy E. (@Freddy_E) January 5, 2013
10. Kate Spade
Source: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com