Miya Ponsetto, the 22-year-old woman who attacked the black teenager in a New York hotel lobby, sat down with Gayle King just before being arrested. In the interview, Ponsetto apologizes and admitted she could have handled the situation differently, but the tone quickly changes making excuses for her behavior.
Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son — attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologized. Can we move on?
Ponsetto went on to accuse the father of the teen, Grammy-winning jazz musician Keyon Harrold, of physically attacking her. “But at the end of the day, the dad did end up slamming me to the ground and pulling my hair and throwing me and dragging me across the ground.” Ponsetto also rudely interrupted King as she asked questions throwing her hand up saying, “Alright, Gayle, enough.”
Ponsetto was arrested Thursday, January 7th in California when she was pulled over for a traffic stop. Part two of this interview with air on CBS Mornings on January 11th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Mr. Griffin: Are You Walking In Your Purpose? [VIDEO]
- Kierra Sheard Debuts Song With Karen Clark Sheard, Opens Up About Married Life & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- Super Bowl Gospel Celebration 2021: Rickey Smiley To Host; Erica Campbell, PJ Morton & More To Perform
- Makeup Shayla Joins Forces With Morphe On Shade-Inclusive Foundation Filter Effect
- College Cheerleader Is Kicked Off Her Team For Wearing A Bonnet To Practice
- Twitter Puts an End to MyPillow Guy’s Pillow Talk For Good!
- FEMA Giving Maryland More Than $219M In COVID-19 Vaccine Federal Funding
- Mamba Mentality: Quotes To Live By As We Remember The Great Kobe Bryant
- 8 Quotes That Tell The Life & Times Of Legendary Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant
- Gabourey Sidibe Details Her Struggles With Bulimia On The ‘Peace of Mind With Taraji’ Facebook Show
Woman Who Attacked Black Teen Over Lost Phone Speaks with Gayle King was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com