Atlanta fire officials say they have put out a 4-alarm blaze at Tyler Perry Studios that damaged a building at the complex.
NEWS ONE- Atlanta Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jolyon Bundrige says there were no reports of injuries from the fire that started before 9 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said in a news release it was extinguished about an hour later.
LIKE Praise 104.1 on Facebook!
He says the cause of the fire and the amount of damage to the complex was not immediately known
A spokesman for Tyler Perry did not immediately comment Tuesday evening. The studio’s website says the complex includes a 200,000-square-foot studio, five sound stages and a 400-seat theater in southwest Atlanta.
In March, pop star Cee Lo performed for donors at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at the studios.
New on Praisedc.com:
- Make Up Artist to the stars, Kym Lee 10 of the top 30 essentials for those of us that are 30 and over!
- Obama: Marking Osama bin Laden’s Death Isn’t ‘Celebration’
- Would You Work In The New World Trade Center? [VIDEO]
- 9 YEAR OLD BOY OVERCOMES HIS FEAR OF STAGE FRIGHT.
- FIRST LOOK: Cedric The Entertainer Returns As R&B Singer-Gone-Preacher In “The Soul Man”
4-Alarm Fire Damages Tyler Perry Studios in Georgia was originally published on newsone.com