A lot of holiday stress can also be brought on by depression, which can either be strictly seasonal or can be a year-long depression that the holidays can exacerbate because one is lonely or forced to endure unpleasant family gatherings.
Chronic stress can really take a toll on the heart. Don’t let the season take a toll on you.
Here are some tips that you can apply right now.
- Be more organized and don’t do everything at the last minute. Take a little time each day to do something for the holidays. I did that this year. Instead of taking one day to decorate, I did it in portions. The result is that I will have a much more elaborate welcoming home.
- Take a few minutes when you can to relax and appreciate what the holidays are about. Sit down and listen to some carols. Watch a little holiday television and revisit your childhood memories.
- Treat yourself kindly and unburden yourself for the holidays. Call a friend and ask them for a favor. Most people like to feel like they are helping out in the holiday season. Give someone a chance to help you. Get the right amount of sleep and remember to eat!
This is a great time to make new friends. There are many free holiday events and gatherings all across the country. Get involved. Don’t be alone. Check your local newspaper for events.
A great holiday season doesn’t take a lot of money. It just takes being open.
Make sure to visit our Holiday 2012 section for tips, treats and delights.
Follow us on Twitter @PraiseDC
Follow @praisedc for the latest gospel and local news!
— 104.1 PraiseDC (@Praisedc) October 24, 2012
Find us on Facebook!
- Watoto Children’s Choir in Concert at MSBC
- Holiday Health Workshop
- Pastor Charles Jenkins Challenges The Faith Community [Exclusive Video]
- Slaying Of Black Teenager In Florida Echoes Travyon Martin Tragedy
Bishop Carlton Pearson Headed For Divorce
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Top 10 Gospel Christmas Songs
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
3 ‘Karens’ And A ‘Karen’ Cop: These Viral Videos Show Why Racial Profiling Reports Still Matter
Koryn Hawthorne, Engaged! Won’t He Do It!
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer