A lot of holiday stress can also be brought on by depression, which can either be strictly seasonal or can be a year-long depression that the holidays can exacerbate because one is lonely or forced to endure unpleasant family gatherings.
Chronic stress can really take a toll on the heart. Don’t let the season take a toll on you.
Here are some tips that you can apply right now.
- Be more organized and don’t do everything at the last minute. Take a little time each day to do something for the holidays. I did that this year. Instead of taking one day to decorate, I did it in portions. The result is that I will have a much more elaborate welcoming home.
- Take a few minutes when you can to relax and appreciate what the holidays are about. Sit down and listen to some carols. Watch a little holiday television and revisit your childhood memories.
- Treat yourself kindly and unburden yourself for the holidays. Call a friend and ask them for a favor. Most people like to feel like they are helping out in the holiday season. Give someone a chance to help you. Get the right amount of sleep and remember to eat!
This is a great time to make new friends. There are many free holiday events and gatherings all across the country. Get involved. Don’t be alone. Check your local newspaper for events.
A great holiday season doesn’t take a lot of money. It just takes being open.
Make sure to visit our Holiday 2012 section for tips, treats and delights.
Text “PRAISE” To 64636…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
Follow us on Twitter @PraiseDC
Follow @praisedc for the latest gospel and local news!
— 104.1 PraiseDC (@Praisedc) October 24, 2012
Find us on Facebook!
- Watoto Children’s Choir in Concert at MSBC
- Holiday Health Workshop
- Pastor Charles Jenkins Challenges The Faith Community [Exclusive Video]
- Slaying Of Black Teenager In Florida Echoes Travyon Martin Tragedy
3 Tips To Be Less Stressed This Holiday Season was originally published on elev8.com
17 Top Resurrection Sunday Songs
LaTocha Talks To Cheryl Jackson About Her Passion To Do Gospel and Inspirational Music
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
See Who's Performing At The 2023 She Is... Women's Empowerment Summit
Trump Indicted By Manhattan Grand Jury, First Former POTUS To Face Criminal Charges
Women of the Bible: Priscilla
Easter VS Resurrection Sunday: The History
Happy Women's History Month! Here's 8 Scriptures For Women