On Wednesday, Mayor Catherine Pugh announced a plan that could demolish six buildings at the troubled Gilmor Homes projects in West Baltimore.
The move would relocate more than 120 families from Gilmor and the demolition of 132 units. According to Mayor Pugh, the buildings in question are a hotbed for crime.
“That’s a really high-crime area right there,” the mayor said. “The line of sight is terrible. The residents have complained about the violence. … Gilmor Homes was one of the places on our listening tour. People complained about not feeling safe.”
- War Hungry: The U.S. Army Is Looking To Startups For The Next Best Weapons Tech
- This Week In Racism: Netflix, Jealous Dad & Jogging While Black
- OMG: Priest Goes Rogue When He Slaps A Crying Baby In Viral Video
- Here Is One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
10 Times Kim Kardashian Raided Kanye’s Closet
1. Kimmy’s Mini-Me.Source:Getty 1 of 1
Mayor Pugh Wants To Demolish At Least 6 Buildings At Gilmor Homes was originally published on 92q.com