Jason and his wife, Victoria Chapa were excited to go check out a new home in the developing area of Marion, Texas. After walking around the home, the couple heard glass shatter and ran to their car. According to The Root, they saw Melissa Shelton, a white woman from the neighborhood smashing their windshield.
The couple mentioned that after damaging their car she began screaming racial slurs such as “ni**ers” and “sp**s” at them. Jason is Mexican America and his wife is African American. After the incident two deputies came and they identified the woman.
In a Facebook post the lawyer for the couple said, “The local police, of course, did nothing. The neighborhood housing association, the local realtors, all offered nothing but a silent endorsement of the attack. This was not Black History Month. This is not black history. This didn’t happen 50 years ago. It happened a few weeks ago. This is America 2018.” Since then Shelton has been indicted and the story is still developing.
- Wendy Williams Appears To Be Healthy In First Appearance Since Rehab Stint
- Dr. Tremaine Afetorgbor Explains How To Make Healthy Substitutions During Thanksgiving
- Mass Shooting At Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart Leaves 7 Dead Including The Shooter
- CBS To Air Inaugural TheGrio Awards On Network Television
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Where Is Your Faith?
- Chef Jernard Wells Mother of Love Strawberry Lemon Zest Bundt Cake Recipe from “Southern Inspired Cookbook”
- Chef Jernard Wells Shares His “Granny Gwen’s Banana Pudding” Recipe
- Joe Biden Pardons NC-Raised Turkeys in Traditional Thanksgiving Pardon
- Funding Your Legacy With Life Insurance | Monday Monday
- Teddy & Tina Campbell Premieres “Remember Jesus” & “Christmas At Our House”