Chelsea Haley never thought that when she became a teacher she would adopt one of her students as well as his younger brother. NY Daily News interviewed Haley and she spoke about Jerome Robinson her adoptive son that she used to teach. Robinson had behavioral issues and Haley wanted to quit teaching because of him at one point.
She said, “At certain points, his behavior got so bad. I thought, ‘I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be a teacher.’” Haley met Robinson after being placed at a low-income school through Teach for America. For months she battled with Robinson and later found out there were a lot of things going on at home.
Robinson’s mother was struggling after the death of her husband and daughter. It was time for Haley to move on from that school and in October had a dream that God told her she was going to be Robinson’s mom. The next day Robinson asked could he live with her and she said, “I told him I had been feeling the same thing.”
Haley adopted Robinson and his younger brother in 2015. She said, “I never thought I’d be a single mom at age 24, especially of two boys, one of which was my 12-year-old student. And the other one who was only a year-and-a-half.” Haley and the boys now live in Atlanta where they are doing great. God bless this teacher and those wonderful boys.
- CDC Warns People Not To Eat Romaine Lettuce Admit E. Coli Concerns
- How To Enjoy The Holiday Without Gaining Weight
- TV One Launches New Entertainment Network CLEO TV
- Chipotle Yields To Pressure And Offers To Rehire Manager Who Refused To Serve Black Customers
- Maurette’s Tip For Tuesday – Domestic Violence, There Is Help [Audio]
- Tauren Wells On How The Inspiration Of “Known” Tells A Story Of How We Can Get Caught Up In Our Image [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- TV ONE Launches New Entertainment Network Cleo TV On January 19th, 2019!
- Maranda Curtis Gives An Early Christmas Gift With Holiday New Holiday Album
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Pastor Of Bishop Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Is A Reminder That Black Women Suffer From Domestic Violence The Most
Inside The Kids Choice Awards: Stars And Their Adorable Kids Hit The Orange Carpet
1. Kevin HartSource: 1 of 11
2. Machine Gun KellySource: 2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon and their kidsSource: 3 of 11
4. Demi LovatoSource: 4 of 11
5. Lamar OdomSource: 5 of 11
6. Gwen StefaniSource: 6 of 11
7. DJ Khaled and his sonSource: 7 of 11
8. Blac ChynaSource: 8 of 11
9. ZendayaSource: 9 of 11
10. Mariah Carey and her daughterSource: 10 of 11
11. Kel Mitchell and his wife AsiaSource: 11 of 11
Teacher Adopts Student Who Almost Made Her Quit After God Told Her To was originally published on getuperica.com