Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- Never Forget: Today In 1967, Muhammad Ali Defended His Title Just Before Defending His Life
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’
- This Website Will Pay You $1,000 To Binge Watch All 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies
- Porsha Williams Delivers A Baby Girl!
- Exclusive: Construction at Camden Yards Light Rail Station to Be Finished By Orioles Home Opener
- Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, Makes A Big Donation To Flint Students
- World Water Day: Disturbing Facts About Water Supply In Communities Of Color
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- Charlottesville Public Schools Closed For Two Days After Racist Threats Online
- Tom Joyner One More Time Experience Register To Win Contest
11 Powerful Images At The Women’s March 2018
1. Viola Davis inspires!Source: 1 of 11
2. Just say no!Source: 2 of 11
3. Say it loud!Source: 3 of 11
4. Migrant lives matter!Source: 4 of 11
5. Black and proud!Source: 5 of 11
6. ‘Together We Rise’Source: 6 of 11
7. #BlackGirlMagicSource: 7 of 11
8. #MeTooSource: 8 of 11
9. Power to the pollsSource: 9 of 11
10. EMPOWERSource: 10 of 11
11. Mission accomplished?Source: 11 of 11
What It Will Take To Get Stacey Abrams To Become America’s First Black Female Governor was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com