A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Inspirational Lifestyles: The New You – Small Steps Make A Difference (Day #5)
- MAGA Hat Wearing Teens Harass At The Indigenous People’s March In Washington, D.C.
- Ellen DeGeneres Blesses The “Furlough Cheesecake Sisters” with $20,000
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- I Never, Ever Left My Niece Alone In The Studio: Sparkle Shares What Was Left Out Of “Surviving R. Kelly” [VIDEO]
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- Sony Music Finally Mutes R. Kelly, Dissolves Working Relationship With The Singer
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria JohnsonSource: 1 of 6
2. The Walls GroupSource: 2 of 6
3. Marvin SappSource: 3 of 6
4. Tina CampbellSource: 4 of 6
5. Anita WilsonSource: 5 of 6
6. JJ HairstonSource: 6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com