The city of Alexandria has begun the process of renaming streets after Confederate leaders and other contentious characters in American history. The city has authorized a new budget that includes financing for renaming these streets.
Text “DCnews” to 52140 For Local & National News Sent Directly To You!
The recently passed Alexandria budget essentially establishes a procedure for considering a name change. There are an estimated 41 of these streets, and the city expects to evaluate around three per year.
A committee will select prospective streets for changes, and public hearings will be held. The city council will then hold public hearings based on the committee’s recommendations.
- Where to? Top 20 Summer Travel Destinations for 2023 Unveiled
- Morgan State To Expand Off-Campus Housing With Multi-Family Apartment Building
- Teen Girl Dead After Shooting In District Heights
- Alexandria To Begin Process of Renaming Streets Honoring Confederate Leaders
- President Joe Biden To Deliver 2023 Commencement Speech At Howard University
- MCPS Adding Vape Detectors To 6 Schools
- Spirit Airlines To Offer Daily Nonstop Flights From BWI Airport To San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Coppin State University Names Larry Stewart As Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- BREAKING: Robert Contee III No Longer The Chief Of Police in Washington, D.C.
- Double Shooting Under Investigation in Prince George’s County
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Alexandria To Begin Process of Renaming Streets Honoring Confederate Leaders was originally published on woldcnews.com
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
Tina Turner Photos Through The Years: A Legacy Never Forgotten
Sarcoidosis Clinical Trials and Steroids - Special Virtual Event
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
The Willie Moore Jr. Show
10 Richest Black Communities in America
Download The New Praise 104.1 Mobile App!